We did a fun little activity in our teen girls’ Bible study today – we each made a list of Unique Things About Me. I only did four as an example for them, so now I’m going to add nine more & turn it into a Thursday Thirteen. (It’s so sad that you have nothing better to do than read my ramblings :o)
1. I am fluent in Pig Latin.
2. My great, great, great & so on granddad was a Texas Ranger (the kind on a horse). or was he my uncle?
3. I don’t eat ketchup on anything but fried shrimp.
4. I’ve visited 7 different countries.
5. I’ve lived near a World Famous Rodeo for most of my life but I’ve never been.
6. I enjoy going to baseball games but can’t stand to watch baseball on tv.
7. I have a chickenpox scar on the tip of my earlobe.
8. I love parmesan cheese on my popcorn.
9. When I was little we played a game called ‘light as a feather, stiff as a board’ at all of the slumber parties. One time it actually worked, freaked me out, & I never played it again.
10. My hair & nails grow annoyingly fast (yes, I do realize it’s a blessing, not a curse).
11. I have some fake snow from the movie Far and Away. They were filming it when I lived in Ireland.
12. I collect squished pennies.
13. I worked at JC Penney for a year right out of high school. One day they announced that some guy named Troy Aikman would be signing autographs at the front of the store. I was returning some items to another department & I just happened to be following our store manager as he led our special guest to his table. That’s when I realized that Troy Aikman was not a meteorologist.