The timing was perfect for our chance to review ALEKS Math! We were lagging a bit behind due to our new baby & recent move and this online Math program was just what we needed to get caught up.
ALEKS is a Research-Based Online Program:
- Complete Curriculum Solution for Math with Access to Full Course Library
- No Textbook Required
- Artificial Intelligence Targets Gaps in Student Knowledge
- Assessment and Individualized Learning for Grades 3-12
- New and Improved Master Account – Includes Quizzing, Attendance Tracking, Automated Reports, and More
- Unlimited Online Access – PC and Mac Compatible
- QuickTables – Complimentary Math Fact Mastery Program for Multiplication, Division, Addition, and Subtraction
Assessment: Students begin in ALEKS by taking an individualized, adaptive assessment to determine what they already know and what they are ready to learn next.
MyPie: The ALEKS Pie summarizes a student’s current knowledge and offers topics that the student is ready to learn next. The darkened portion of each pie slice represents the topics that the student has mastered and the lighter portion represents what the student has yet to learn.
Learning Mode: The Learning Mode provides students with practice problems, and offers explanations of topics and procedures as needed. Once a student has demonstrated mastery in the Learning Mode, the item is added to the ALEKS Pie, and new material that the student is now ready to learn becomes available.
Student Progress Report: Track student progress made throughout the course. The blue bar represents the percent of course material that the student has mastered during an ALEKS assessment; the green bar represents the percent of new topics the student has mastered in Learning Mode since the last assessment; and the yellow bar represents the percent of topics the student has yet to learn in order to complete the course.
The Nitty Gritty:
A subscription to ALEKS is
- $19.95 per student, per month, or
- only $99.95 every 6 months, or
- only $179.95 every 12 months.
Learn about the family discount program.
Things I Like:
- The Learning Pie is a very motivating tool for my kids. They like seeing what they have mastered & what they still need to learn.
- It is easy to keep track of progress for multiple kids.
Value: I think you definitely get your money’s worth if you just need ALEKS for a month or two – to play catch up like we did or for some tutoring. However, I think it is very pricey for a whole year. If I am going to invest a large amount of money, then I want something I can use year after year. Having said that, if you have a child who struggles with Math then it might be worth it to you to finally find the program that clicks!
See what my TOS Crew Mates had to say about ALEKS Math!