Nature Friend magazine was met with Oohs and Aahs as soon as it was pulled out of the mailbox. We received a free copy of the August and September issues. The photography is stunning! Everything about this magazine is beautiful, from the God-focused articles to the lovely thick paper on which they are printed.
There is no advertising in Nature Friend, so it is just page after page of fascinating animals, insects and natural habitats. We were excited to find an informative article on Cicadas since that was a popular topic in our home at the time. One of my favorite features is called Wondernose. It is fun to read the clues out loud as everyone tries to guess the mystery creature. The monthly drawing lessons are perfect for nature journals. You can view sample magazines HERE.
Our magazine included an 8-page Study Guide companion. It is conveniently bound into the middle of the magazine. The study guide reinforces the articles with puzzles, a writing assignment, and even a nature photography lesson. The study guide costs $2 a month. You can view sample study guides HERE.
The Nitty Gritty:
- $36 for a 1 year subscription
- $68 for a two year subscription
- $24 additional for 1 year of study guides
Order by November 30th and get $3 off with the code BLOG93
Things I Like:
- The focus on God’s amazing creation.
- It is enjoyed by the whole family. I might even like it more than the kids!
- The pages are thick & high quality. These are meant to be kept and enjoyed for years to come.
- Because there are no ads to chop up the articles, it is very easy to browse just an article or two at a time.
Value: The cost is a little high on this one for me right now, but I definitely think you get what you pay for in this case. I will be subscribing as soon as the funds are available. I won’t be getting the study guide, but I can see how it would be worth the money if you want to use Nature Friend as a curriculum.
Go see what my TOS Crew Mates have to say about Nature Friend magazine!