My Access! is a web-based writing tool for kids ages 8-18. The student can choose from a large selection of topics (or the parent can assign a topic), write about that topic, and then submit the writing to be scored. My Access! provides instant feedback and shows how the writing can be improved. The parent can easily keep track of each student’s progress. All parts of the writing process are covered:
I really thought we were going to like this, but it just didn’t click with my family. It seemed a bit overwhelming. Many of my fellow Crew Mates seemed to enjoy it though, so we are going to give it another go and I will update with our results. You can check out some demos HERE.
The Nitty Gritty:
- $99.95 12-month subscription for 3 children
- $129.95 12-month subscription for 6 children
Things I Like:
- Each step of the writing process is covered.
- It is easy to keep track of all your kids.
- The program sets goals for the revision of the writing.
- It is very self-motivating.
Value: I really think this depends on your need and the amount of students you have, but in my opinion is it a pretty good deal for up to 6 kids!
See what my TOS Crew Mates have to say about My Access!