Mathletics is my favorite so far of the math products we have reviewed. It is a web-based math program with over 750 learning activities for kids from 5 to 14.
There are so many things on this site to capture a child’s attention! Here are a few of the wonderful features:
- Each avatar character is fully customized.
- Credits earned from activities can be used to purchase items for the characters like new clothes – a big motivator in my house.
- Students can compete live with children from all over the world who are on the same skill level.
- The problems adjust to your child’s weak areas, giving more practice in those areas.
- The animated math dictionary is fascinating.
- Additional games can be played on the Rainforest Maths site.
- My favorite section is the problem solving section – interactive & very clever.
- And to make this site complete, the parent can print out workbooks to go with every level.
Weekly reports are emailed to the parent so you can see how your child has been performing.
The Nitty Gritty:
An annual subscription is $59, but if you know the Human Calculator’s favorite number then it is only $49.95. (It is the number 9)
I definitely think you get your money’s worth with this one.
See what my TOS Crew Mates have to say about Mathletics!
I received a free trial membership for the purpose of writing this review. No other compensation was given.