My family used to eat fairly healthy – lots of fresh, non-processed, sometimes-organic food. Then I got pregnant with Sweetpea, and it all went downhill from there. Our diet went from bad to worse when Hubby left his job in October and we had to tighten the budget belt.
My kids were devastated thrilled when I told them that we are Chunkin’ the Junk in April! No more chips, no more refined flour, no more sugary cereal – it’s all going in the trash!
Here are some things I already do: (ok, so I guess we don’t eat total junk)
- try to avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup
- bake with whole wheat
- add flax seed & wheat germ to baked goods
- real butter
- organic milk for Sweetpea
- steel cut oatmeal
- preservative-free lunch meat
- natural sweeteners like honey & sucanat
I want to learn how to:
- can food
- make yogurt
- bake with sprouted grains
- bake whole grain artisan bread
- grow a decent garden
I’m guessing that many of you would like to know these things too, so I will be sharing what I learn.
You can let me know if this type of thing interests you by leaving me a lovely comment!