In my life this week…
This week has flown by!! We are all trying to adjust to getting up early again, and I am trying to figure out the best way to juggle all my balls with out dropping any. All-in-all, a very good first week of school!
In our homeschool this week…
We tested out my Theme of the Day idea that I mapped out a couple of weeks ago. We didn’t do anything too thrilling since I am still in the planning stage, but I think it is going to work great for us. The kids were excited each morning to discover what the group activity would be!
Here are the things we did this week:
- Memory Work Monday – No memory work yet, but we did talk about how everyone is smart in different ways with this 8 Kinds of Smart activity (down near the bottom).
- Creativity Tuesday – We made name maps.
- Writer’s Workshop Wednesday – Using these writing templates, the kids created wanted posters and character descriptions for themselves.
- Think About It Thursday – Skipped it, and instead rescued dust bunnies from under the furniture to get ready for a meeting at our house that night.
- Nature Fun Friday – Cicadas – We looked at pics of the 13 year cicada event in the South and compared them to our Texas cicadas, colored a page for the nature notebooks, and made singing cicadas.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I highly recommend using Pinterest to organize your homeschool links. I don’t know how much time I have wasted over the years searching for a link that I KNOW I saved, but is now lost in my sea of bookmarks. It is so much easier to look for a picture!
You can see all my boards here, and I have free invites if you need one. Leave me a link if you have homeschool boards – I would love to see!!
My favorite thing this week was…
Getting back into a routine. It is fun to be lazy in the summer, but I am always glad to see it go!
Questions/thoughts I have…
What types of activities have you done for a high school PE credit? I am looking for ideas that can be done independently, not a team sport or class.
I’m grateful for…
God’s guidance in planning this school year. His Peace is evident in our home.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
A post written by my friend Kelli about living in a magical kingdom, and a link that she shared with me that is a MUST READ!! for moms trying to extend God’s grace and mercy to their children.
Visit more journals HERE!
My oldest isn’t high school age yet (7th grade), but I know several homeschoolers here get together for bowling and count it as P.E. That would be something one could do independently though as well as cycling, horseback riding, running, swimming, surfing, etc. I am not looking forward to trying to adjust my body clock to getting up early again.
Pam in Missouri says
I’m having fun exploring your pins. You can find mine at http://pinterest.com/qcaller/
Isn’t this a fun meme? You are giving me a lot of new links to check out. Thanks for joining the crew blog hop!
Following you on Pinterest; I use it so I have a visual bookmark to find links too. The waking up early is the hardest adjustment we have to make too. We are not morning people by nature but get so much more done before noon.
Found you through the TOS blog hop. Love your blog. I’m sponsoring a Memory Monday blog hop. Would love to have you join in with your memory work plans.