We LOVE LOVE LOVE the What’s In the Bible? DVD series. They are very funny, but incredible educational. The entire set is on sale for $99 – almost half price, plus free shipping! Better hurry, this sale ends on 11/4.
Archives for November 3, 2014
This post contains affiliate links.
We are kicking off this series with ways to share the Season of Joy. One of the simplest things to share is a smile! People get stressed out and over-extended during the holidays. A big smile tends to catch them off guard, and they usually return the sentiment.
Adorable graphics courtesy of pumpkins and posies.
I have a fun, easy way for you and your kids to share a little Thanksgiving Joy in three simple steps:
- Print out some Give Thanks cards
- Tape a quarter onto the corner of each
- Leave on top of a candy or toy vending machine
If you have time, stick around for a little while and (secretly) watch each child’s face light up as they discover the surprise.
A few more ideas for the Give Thanks cards:
- Leave them near the vending machine at work – you might want to add more than 1 quarter
- Tuck one inside a library book before returning (make sure it’s not against your library’s rules)
- Write a note and slip it into a family member’s lunch
- Tape on candy instead and hand out
- Pass them out at a nursing home, along with a big hug
- Give them to the kids in your Sunday School Class
->–>> DOWNLOAD YOUR GIVE THANKS CARDS <<–<-
These Festive Family Bloggers are Sharing the Joy of the Season:
Five Ways to Simplify the Holiday Season @ Bare Feet on the Dashboard
Charitable Act: Shoeboxes Filled with Presents @ La Cité des Vents
Joyful Christmas Crafts for Kids @ Handmade Kids Art
Give a Little Bit @ Gypsy Road School
Joy Comes from the Inside… But Not of a Package @ A Mother Far from Home
Welcome to the Festive Family Holiday Giveaway @ Peace but Not Quiet
Sharing Joy & a Giveaway @ P is for Preschooler
Share Some Joy this Holiday Season @ Are We There Yet?
Thankful Turkey Wreath Tradition @ Mom Inspired Life
Christmas Sensory Play Ideas for Kids @ Still Playing School
Unique Kits for Kids that Won’t Break the Bank @ Lemon Lime Adventures
Holiday Tradition Ideas for Families @ Sugar Aunts
Gratitude Stones: A Thanksgiving Nature Craft for Kids @ Fireflies and Mudpies
Montessori Monday – Montessori Inspired Thanksgiving Ideas @ Living Montessori Now
Finding Joy in the Holidays Even During Difficult Times @ ALLterNATIVElearning
Christmas Shadow Puppets Play @ Adventure in a Box
Sharing Joy through a Holiday Giveaway @ Kids Yoga Stories
Family Thankfulness Jar @ The Realistic Mama
Gratitude and Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers @ Totschooling
Festive Family Holiday @ In the Playroom
Free Nativity Puppets @ Happy and Blessed Home
My posts from the Festive Family Holiday Hop series:
- Sharing the Joy of the Season: Give Thanks Cards
- Thankful Traditions: Thanksgiving Activities to Encourage Gratitude
- Creative Christmas: Creative Christmas Pinterest Boards
- Gifts for the Season: Heirloom Advent Calendars
- Festive Activities for Kids: Free Snowflake Patterns & Templates
- Festive Family Fun: A Magical Winter Wonderland