This post contains affiliate links.
I’ll be honest – we call them all bugs. 😀 Insects fascinate my kids so they are a big part of our nature study. We don’t collect, just capture & release. God’s artwork is definitely on display in these beautiful creatures.
Use this list to get started learning about insects!
Online Field Guides & Websites
- The Wonderful World of Insects
- Amateur Entomologists’ Society
- Insect Identification
Insect Learning Tools
Insect Printables & Unit Studies
- Insect Unit & Theme
- Insect Unit Study
- The Ultimate Guide to Studying Insects
- What is an Insect?
- Insect Body Parts Labeling
- How to Teach Insects and Bugs
- Orkin Learning Center
- 4 H Project Units
- Insect Notebook Pages
You can find insect notebooking pages and lapbooks in my Nature Notebook Master List.
- Inquiry-Based Insect Study
- Teach Bugs and Insect Using Eric Carle Books
- Entomology – The Science of Insects
Borrow Insects eBooks for free from the Open Library.
Have you grabbed your Holiday Nature Walks yet?
Hang Out with Us
- See the entire 31 Days of Exploring Nature series
- 26 bloggers x 31 days = 800+ tips for YOU!
- Join our new Facebook group Homeschooling Tips for Moms
- All your favorite tips are in one spot on Pinterest
Follow Amy T @ Are We There Yet?’s board Homeschool – Nature on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply