“There are so many different kinds of snack foods, store-bought and homemade, and I would like to invite you to share what snack foods your family usually snacks on throughout the week. You’re welcome to make season lists too. I know there are different meals we eat during the colder seasons than we do in the warmer ones, and I imagine there are also seasonal snack foods as well.”
Snack time is mid-afternoon in our house. The kids get to pick one item and can have milk(organic), juice or water to drink. (Fruit is available anytime of the day – I don’t count it as a snack.)
Here’s what we usually have on hand:
- popcorn (sometimes topped with parmesan cheese)
- cheese crackers
- organic chewy granola bars so yummy
- crunchy granola bars
- string cheese
- graham crackers & peanut butter
- cheddar pretzel twists (Rold Gold)
- leftovers from breakfast – chocolate chip pancakes with flax & wheat germ, muffins like these or these (can you tell we are chocolate fans?)
- pumpkin bread or gingerbread
I added a snack basket to our pantry a couple of weeks ago and it has worked out great! Our snacks have lasted much longer and the kids enjoy being able to see all the choices. I got the idea from this WFMW post – go check out her idea and pics!
Click here for more yummy snack ideas.