Can’t make it to the country? Bring the country to you!
Turn your yard into a nature refuge with a few of these ideas.
- make a butterfly feeder by placing a few slices of overripe fruit in a shallow dish
- plant a butterfly garden
- order a cup of caterpillars
Toads & Frogs
- search the sidewalks after a heavy rain
- use two sticks to call them to the surface
- make a worm farm out of a 2 ltr bottle
- host an ant picnic
- build a ladybug house
- construct an insect hotel
- make a ladybug feeder
- imitate a firefly
- add a stepping stone to your flower bed & check underneath periodically
~*~ How do YOU find creatures to investigate? ~*~
Join me tomorrow for more Nature Study ideas!
How Do I Teach … 5 Day Blog Series is brought to you by the following blogs:
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ Homeschool Gameschool ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ No Doubt Learning ~ Mrs. Redd’s Classroom Blog ~ Proverbial Homemaker ~ My Joy Filled Life ~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Vicki Arnold ~ Only Passionate Curiosity ~ Living Life and Learning ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ For This Season