*Disclosure: I received a free set for review purposes and am being compensated for my time. I am not required to give a positive review. As always, I am sharing my honest opinion with you.
I usually have three requirements for a high school homeschool curriculum: affordable, interesting, and easy to use. My daughter needed an Economics course for her Senior year, but I was having trouble finding a curriculum that met my three requirements. I was prepared to create an Economics course using free resources and library books, but time was in short supply so I was not looking forward to the process.
Thankfully, I found Principles and Precepts of Economics by Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum and didn’t have to spend several hours putting together my own course. We used PAC for High School English, but only recently discovered that there was an Economics curriculum.
Principles and Precepts of Economics consists of three Text booklets, three Activity booklets, and a Teacher’s Resource Kit. The Teacher’s Kit includes quizzes, tests, answer keys, and a code for a digital download. Audio Enhanced Learning is also available for purchase.
Don’t mistake the EASY in my blog title to mean no substance. This curriculum is meaty, but the format is simple enough that a teen can just open & go!
Things I Like:
- Economic principles are taught through historical events and people.
- Each section includes vocabulary and definitions.
- Famous quotes, called Life Principles, are scattered throughout the text.
- QR codes can be scanned to view corresponding videos.
- The activity books are a good mix of fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, matching, and essay questions.
- The course is worth .5 credit on a high school transcript.
The way the PAC chapters are broken up into booklets is a big selling point for me. My daughter feels a real sense of accomplishment as she finishes one and starts another. Another benefit is the ability to purchase single chapters of any course to reinforce an area, like writing a composition paper or studying European countries.
Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum
There are many benefits of Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum, but these are a few of my favorites:
- Vignettes: Lessons include short profiles of role models whose lives encourage students to pursue noble aspirations, goals, and dreams.
- Left-Right Brain Applications: The first page of lessons incorporates composite graphics and content material formatted to engage both hemispheres of the brain immediately.
- Cognitive Recall Enhancement: Students are exposed multiple times to major academic concepts in various formats to enhance storage, application, and recall.
- Addresses Special Needs: Students, who have not performed well in traditional classrooms where content is delivered through hardback textbooks taught by teachers, have access to audio-enhanced courses that address sight limited, hearing impaired, attention deficit, and other impairments to learning.
- Buids Positive Character: Every lesson includes a positive life principle selected to raise student aspirations to be a better person who can make wise life choices.
- Enriches Vocabulary: Bolded words in lessons enrich student’s command of the English language.
We plan on using Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum again as my son enters high school! I encourage you to look into all of the courses and see if any are a good fit for your kid.
Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum currently offers these discounts:
10% OFF and Free Shipping on all Full Course Kits with coupon code: 10ANDFREE
(Not valid with any other offer. Ends July 31st, 2017.)
20% OFF for active military, ministers, missionaries, farmers, ranchers, and first responders. Call (325) 649-0976 for details.
40% OFF for single parents, and for homeschool support groups who make a combined purchase of $1000.00 or more retail. Call (325) 649-0976 for details.
Connect with PAC:
Like Free Printables?
Find more on Facebook and Pinterest
Leave a Reply