This time next week, shelves & shelves of Christmas fun will be marked down 50-75% off. Put on your creative thinking cap and you can stock up for several holidays to come.
- Holiday M&Ms can be sorted and bagged to be used for Valentine’s Day & St. Patrick’s Day. You can also divide up things like sprinkles & icing from baking kits.
- Candy canes make adorable Valentine treats when put in the oven.
- Chocolate candy and stocking stuffers are good for Easter baskets – many items have Christmas packaging, but just take them out of the package.
Christmas decorations can be used for all sorts of things:
- New Year’s Eve- shiny tinsel to drape everywhere, silver or gold tablecloths
- January- we leave our non-Christmasy snowmen and snowflakes out for the whole month
- Valentine’s Day – heart decorations, red ribbon, red tablecloth, napkins, plates, cups
- St. Patrick’s Day – green tablecloths, napkins, plates, cups
- Easter – crosses, anything pastel, cellophane for baskets
- Fourth of July – anything red, white, blue or silver – tablecloths, plates, napkins, cups, strings of lights, garland, anything with stars on it
- Birthday parties – candy & toys for goody bags, non-Christmasy gift bags & wrapping paper. Target will have a major toy clearance in January so you can stock up on gifts too.
What ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
Run on over to Rocks In My Dryer for some really great tips.