This post contains affiliate links.
Whether you are looking for a large gift for your gang, or a smaller group gift for someone you know, there is something for everyone on this list of family gift ideas that the WHOLE family will love! When my grandparents were alive, they would send us money every year for Christmas. We would use it to purchase a gift for our family to enjoy together. We also give family gifts to our siblings because it is a great way to stretch our budget for one quality present instead of giving each person a cheap junky gift.
I am putting a variety of items with some of these gift ideas. My intention is not that you would buy everything listed, but would instead pick & choose according to your budget and the personality of the family. Group gifts are particularly good for the hard-to-buy-for teen or tween.
Money $aving Tip – Add the Ebates button to your browser bar. It is very simple to use and will notify you of cash back available whenever you visit an online store.
Gift an Experience
Don’t want any more stuff to clutter up the house? Opt for an experience gift like the zoo or museum passes. Groupon is a great place to find huge discounts on activities and events in your area. We’ve also given Groupon gift cards as family gifts. This allows the recipient to choose the activity, and it almost doubles your money since many Groupon deals are for 50% off or more. Sign up for the emails because Groupon regularly sends out coupon codes and holds one-day sales.
These are a few ideas offered by Groupon that I’ve seen over the past year (your area will differ, and there are new deals added every day):
- 1 yr membership to Sam’s Club and BJ’s Wholesale
- Amusement Parks
- Local Lessons & Classes
- Movie Tickets
Movie Night Family Gift
Our very favorite family gift is an Antique Style Popcorn Cart. We love family movie nights, which require large quanties of popcorn. My sister got us these fun popcorn bags to go with it. We have gotten so much enjoyment out of our popcorn cart and it has been a big hit at parties, too. Tip: Keep a close eye on the Christmas sales – we got ours for half price from JC Penney.
There are several fun smaller popcorn poppers, too!
A movie basket makes a great inexpensive family gift. Choose items from each category, add a bow, and go!
You will need:
- A Container – grab a bowl from the $ store, or order a case of movie theater buckets if you are doing several
- Popcorn – microwave popcorn, pre-made popcorn, or stovetop Jiffy Pop
- Candy – Walmart and Dollar Tree have the big movie theater boxes
- Movie – purchase a family favorite dvd (check used book stores) or buy Redbox Promo Codes & eGift Cards
I made a cute little printable Christmas card for you to use for the Redbox code. Click the pic to download.
Taco Gift Basket
Thanks to The LEGO movie, many of us now enjoy Taco Tuesday. Blend up a batch of fresh salsa, mix up some taco seasoning, and add a few extras for a Taco Gift Basket.
Some items you might include in a Taco Gift Basket:
- Taco Truck Taco Holders
- Fiesta Taco Holder Plates
- Dip Clips for Salsa
- Spoon-ita Taco Fixings Spoon
- Taco Press
- Tortilla Warmer
- Taco Takeover Board Game
- Happy Taco Charm Necklace
Ice Cream Sundae Basket
What family doesn’t like ice cream? (Don’t answer that!) 😀
Choose some of these for an Ice Cream Sundae Basket:
- Antifreeze Ice Cream Scoop
- Pioneer Woman Glass Sundae Cups
- Banana Split Dishes
- Hot Fudge Bar
- Hot Fudge Topping Set
- Ghirardelli Squeeze Bottles
- Instant Ice Cream Maker
- Cuisinart 2 qt Ice Cream Maker
- Grocery items – bananas, maraschino cherries, nuts, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, gummy bears
You could also turn this into a Root Beer Float Basket with some soda glasses, milkshake straws, and a 2 ltr bottle of root beer. Make it even cuter with these reindeer root beers or a make-your-own root beer kit.
Christmas Eve Gift Basket
Kids love to open a gift on Christmas Eve, so why not create a gift basket that celebrates the evening.
Suggestions for your Christmas Eve Gift:
- Family Christmas Pajamas (several styles)
- Christmas Movie
- Kid-Friendly Nativity Set
- Snowman Cookie Mugs or mugs from the dollar store
- Cookie Plate & Milk Bottle for Santa
- It’s Not About You Mr. Santa Claus – read my review
- Hot Chocolate Maker
- Christmas Cracker Party Favors
- Grocery items – hot chocolate (our favorite is Nestle Abuelita Tablets), marshmallows, candy canes, cookies/cookie dough
Monthly Snack Box
We love the monthly Love with Food snack box. It is a subscription service that sends out a variety of snacks that are either organic or all-natural, GMO-free, gluten-free or free of artificial junk. Our son has an msg allergy and this was a nice way to try out different foods that might not bother him. Everything is so yummy!
Love with Food plans start at $7.99 a month and can be cancelled at any time. They also have an online store where you can purchase full size products of anything in your box. (Order by 12/1 to get the December box.)
I hope you found some of these Family Gift Ideas helpful. If you are looking for more ideas, check out this big list of 50+ Gift Guides. I’ve also listed all of my gift guides below, so go take a peek and cross off that Christmas list!
My Other Gift Guides
- 1oo Free Printable Gifts for Kids
- Gift Ideas for the Slightly Quirky Mom
- Gift Ideas Your Tween Will Love
- Doctor Who Gift Guide
- Minecraft Gift Guide
- Pretend Play Home Gift Guide