VIPKIDS sponsored this post, and as always I am giving my honest opinion. I am not required to give a positive review. I think this is an amazing opportunity for homeschool parents to work from home!
Many homeschoolers struggle to pay the bills with only one working parent, not realizing that there are many ways to earn money from home. (Like blogging about homeschooling 🙂 )
One fantastic opportunity is teaching English to Chinese students through VIPKID. It is an online English education platform allowing children (4-12) in China to take classes from North American teachers, all from the comfort of home.
You obviously know how to teach children, so why not earn money working a few hours a week using the skills you’ve learned as a homeschooler?
The requirements for teachers are:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- One school year of full-time teaching experience or equivalent hours in similar educational activities (e.g. home schooling, tutoring, educational mentoring, etc.)
- Eligibility to work in US or Canada
VIPKID teachers can earn $14-$22 an hour, with the average being $19 an hour.
Teach English to Kids
You do NOT need to speak Chinese for this teaching opportunity. Students will independently learn the material and will get a 30-minute lesson with the teacher. After that they receive virtual homework and practice games.
Benefits of Working with VIPKID:
- Teaching online is like being on a Skype call with interactive Powerpoint presentations for lesson plans.
- All lesson plans are created by the talented VIPKID Curriculum team.
- Teachers do not have to worry about the lesson planning or grading.
- Flexible hours
- Work from anywhere
- A 20,000 teacher community with lots of support on passing the interview, preparing for classes, sharing teaching experiences, teachers meetups, etc.
- Incentives including cash, prizes, even trips to Beijing!
Some Background Info
- VIPKID is an online English education platform allowing children (4-12) in China to take classes from North American teachers, all from the comfort of their homes
- Started in 2013, it is the fastest growing online education company globally, with over 200,000 students as of summer 2017
- VIPKID is backed by Kobe Bryant. (Other venture capital investors include Sequoia Capital, Learn Capital, Tencent, Matrix Partners, Sinovation Ventures etc.)
- VIPKID is the official provider of the TOEFL Primary assessment in China. VIPKID is also a Strategic Partner of TESOL International Association, the largest global association for English language teaching professionals and a Partner of Coursera, an online learning pioneer. Note: TOEFL is the English exam students take to get into international and American universities
- The VIPKID business model works for everyone – Chinese families can get a quality educator for a good price point, and teachers can make a supplemental money on their own time
If I had a bachelor’s degree, I would sign up for VIPKID in a heartbeat. BUT since I can’t give you my experience with it, I’m sharing the opinions of these Stay at Home Moms.
Connect with VIPKID